For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants
and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from
around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and
strategic communications to challange corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human
rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
About the position:
The temporary Accounting Clerk will assist the Senior Staff Accountant with the overall accounting
processes and procedures at RAN. The Accounting Clerk will also be working closely with the Finance
and Administration Associate on various projects.
- Accounting operations: Assisting in the daily transactions of A/P and A/R, provide help with
internal accounting and financial reporting, general ledger journal entry, account & bank
reconciliation, maintain accounting files and records.
- Assist in managing Expensify and American Express.
- Provide support for yearly Audit.
- Provide accounting assistance and support to staff.
- Blackbaud/Financial Edge Experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Organized, good time management, ability to handle multiple tasks
- High attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse
cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an
intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are
seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to
create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal
employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations
to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this
This temporary position will be paid a competitive wage for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area
market on an hourly rate and this position does not offer full health coverage and other benefits.
How to apply
Please apply directly with the link below:
Title: Accounting Clerk
Supervisor: Senior Staff Accountant
Status: Temporary 6 months duration – Part-Time 16hrs/week, Non Exempt