Rainforest Action Network (RAN) runs hard-hitting campaigns to protect the world's forests and their traditional inhabitants from extractive industries and the effects of climate change. Our campaigns focus on high impact market sectors including the logging, private financial and automotive sectors. RAN seeks to galvanize the public's existing belief that irresponsible resource extraction in endangered ecosystems is unnecessary, that climate change is a threat to global ecosystems and the global economy, and that a mature, modern society has outgrown such practices.
RAN's development team raises $8 million annually through individual prospecting, direct mail, online campaigns, special events, foundations and other fundraising approaches. The Database and Donor Services Coordinator is a key player in maintaining the integrity of the donor database as well as the information flow within the development department. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, and a proven ability to organize and prioritize work, take initiative, exercise good judgment, and coordinate multiple concurrent projects. They will also have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the database is current, accurate, and healthy by performing routine check queries, software updates, merging duplicate records, and updating donor contact information
- In cooperation with the Digital Department, manage the flow of information between Raiser's Edge and Nationbuilder, RAN's digital CRM such as gifts, contact information, donor tags, etc.
- Manage gift processing for all donations to RAN; ensure gifts are accurately entered into database (The Raiser's Edge) and donors are appropriately acknowledged
- Oversee relationship with caging company, which opens and processes the majority of direct mail donations, and produces and mails the majority of acknowledgment letters
- Import data files from the caging service into our database and monitor scans of select gifts for donor comments
- Process and deposit "white mail" gifts that arrive at RAN's offices
- Produce custom acknowledgments for donors giving $150 or more
- Primary contact for all email, mail, and phone requests from donors/potential donors
- Assist Individual Giving Coordinator to pull lists for direct mail efforts and create reports for appeal performance analysis
- Support planned giving program through action reminders and administrative tasks as needed
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/direct debit sustainer program, from design and creation of collateral to updating records, entering new records, and processing monthly charges
- Plan, implement and manage prospect research of RAN's members with the goal of identifying high net worth/capacity donors
- Manage individual giving program's moves management prospect list, track actions in Raiser's Edge, and collaborate with Development Coordinator and Individual Giving Coordinator to ensure prospects are moving through the pipeline
- Work with Accounting Department to reconcile finances, identify and resolve discrepancies
- Administrative and other appropriate tasks as need to support individual giving and major donor programs
- Participate in weekly team meetings, half-yearly planning retreats and bi-weekly staff meetings
- Share office responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe workplace
- Expert or proficient knowledge of The Raiser's Edge or other fundraising software
- Computer skills, including experience using Word, Excel, and Google applications such as gmail, docs, etc
- Effective communication skills both oral and written; ability to respectfully engage with donors a must
- Solid organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Highly detailed oriented especially when entering large volumes of gifts
- Positive and professional attitude
- Familiarity with fundraising a plus
- Interest in Anti-Oppression issues a plus
RAN values diversity, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and seeks to integrate these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment, movement, and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
Salary is competitive for the non-profit Bay Area market and benefits include full health (employer funded Health Savings Account), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
Please send resumes and letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA