Don’t Foreclose on the Climate; Take Action Against Coal and Coal Finance Nov 14-15
“I can’t understand why there aren’t rings of young people blocking bulldozers, and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants.”
-Al Gore August 2007
“We are here because now is the time to take greater action as individuals, as communities, and as a country to create a sustainable future and stop the destruction of our homes.”
-Wise County Virginia resident Hannah Morgan while committing civil disobedience at a coal plant construction site. September 2008
Al Gore is promoting it. People all over the planet are doing it. It’s time to take action against coal from the cradle to the grave. We’re organized, smart and creative. Now we’re taking the action on the coal front to another level.
, Rainforest Action Network
and friends are calling for a National Day of Action against Coal and Coal Finance on Nov. 14-15. Hundreds of actions in 24 hours to continue raising awareness about the coal industry and their financiers, Citi and Bank of America.
SIGN UP HERE
: Hundreds of Actions in 24 Hours against the Coal Industry and its Financiers
: Your Town USA
: November 14 & 15
: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 1-800-989-RAIN
Coal is the dirtiest of all fuels and has a huge negative impact on the climate, yet the coal industry and elected officials are accepting it as a solution to the climate crisis.
It’s time we stand up to say, “Don’t Foreclose the Climate!”
Here’s what we really need to save the climate:
* No new coal plants
* An end to mountaintop removal
* Stop financing the coal industry
* Invest in green jobs and clean and just energy!
Here’s how you can stand up and say no to foreclosure on the climate:
1. Register your action now and download a toolkit at www.dirtymoney.org
2. Get together with your friends and plan an action at a coal company, bank or politicians office.
3. Contact RAN at email@example.com or Greenpeace at firstname.lastname@example.org for support. We can send you banners and flyers, as well as help you brainstorm potential actions.
4. Join one of the upcoming conference call check-ins- Oct 28th and Nov 11th by contacting us.
5. Get creative and take some action for the climate and coal impacted communities.
It’s time to take to the streets and send the Coal Industry and its financiers a message that we will not foreclose the climate!!
P.S. if your organization wants to endorse and support the day of action, contact us at email@example.com