Rainforest Action Network (RAN) challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
RAN’s Forests & Finance Campaign is looking for a highly motivated, well organized and reliable intern to undertake desk-based research and administrative duties to support the smooth running of the campaign.
Desk-based research will involve:
- Compiling information on the environmental, social or governance impacts of a companies’ operations in the palm oil, pulp & paper, rubber and timber sectors;
- Analyzing finanical data in Excel and producing reports;
- Drafting concise case studies based on the information gathered;
- Other research and administration tasks to be completed as and when required.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English:
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate, particularly Excel and search engines);
- Passionate commitment to environmental and social justice;
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. We particularly encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities and other groups underrepresented in our areas of work.
This position is based in our London office at least one day per week and remotely, depending on the candidate and their working days.
This is a 3-month, part-time, paid internship, with a set fee of £66.00 per day (based on the London Living Wage of £8.25 per hour). The successful candidate is expected to work at least 2 full days or 16 hours per week. Working days and hours to be agreed on appointment.
Please send a CV and cover letter, explaining your suitability to the role, to email@example.com with the job title and your name in the subject line, by 4pm 19th October 2016. No phone calls, please.