For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
RAN is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to join the fundraising team as a Data and Gift Associate. The Gift and Data Associate is primarily responsible for timely and efficient processing of donations, creating and maintaining accurate donor records, donation data entry, data integrity and reporting and analysis. Under the supervision of the Major Donor & Individual Giving Manager, the ideal candidate will be an integral member of the team and will be a detail-oriented individual who is comfortable with numbers, can work on multiple projects, enjoys troubleshooting, and is a collaborative team player in a mission-driven organization. This position will be at RAN’s main office in San Francisco.
Timely Gift Entry and Acknowledgement - Open and sort mail; prepare and enter all direct mail donations; generate and mail acknowledgement receipts; update any mail-in changes to donor information; download online donations from outside merchants; follow up on any inconsistencies surrounding gifts, as needed.
Data Management and Upkeep - Responsible for reviewing RAN’s donor data; coordinate, manage and maintain all Raiser’s Edge components (donor database, fundraising data, development, features, users, etc.); coordinate integration between donor database and RAN’s CRM software; add new constituent records to database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields; evaluate and maintain data by performing regular data audits and relevant clean-up; lead annual audit of database and manage subsequent data-related recommendations.
Analysis and Reporting - Guide the fundraising team in data integrity and support data based decision-making. Oversee donor analytics, reports, and system creation; build exports of donor information for various uses such as newsletters, direct mail and online appeals, and event invitations; generate gift reports based on frequent consultation with staff and consultants; create reporting tools in online database for staff taking into account ease of use
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting staff to reconcile finances and ensure solid accounting and record-keeping for all revenue accounts and complete monthly audits of data
- As needed, respond to donor requests and membership updates (solicitation changes, sustainer updates, donations, donor info updates, etc), field high level questions (programmatic, planned giving, system issues), and follow up on failed one time and recurring donations
- Attend Raiser’s Edge trainings, webinars and utilize existing resources to ensure we implement best practices regarding our donor database
- 6 months experience in data management using Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising software, online CRM’s, and donor-facing web programs required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Ability to responsibly handle cash, credit cards, PayPal and wire transfers
- Strong project and time management skills; detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects while adapting to shifting priorities
- Team player with commitment to collaborating with peers, and supporting departmental and organizational well-being and values
- An entrepreneurial nature that combines curiosity and creativity with a learning attitude, analytical skills and technological savvy
Interest in RAN’s mission, environmental issues, human rights and racial justice is a plus
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to the link below:
The deadline to apply is March 9, 2018. We hope to be conducting phone screens and interviews in late March.